Hello all! Today I will be sharing a realistic college student grocery haul (summer edition) with you all! I have been meaning to do a post like this for so long. I really want to show that it is possible to eat a balanced diet as a student on a part-time job salary.
This post is not sponsored in any way. All items were purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own. I do not claim to be a nutritionist or registered dietitian. I am simply sharing a portion of my lifestyle.
This week I shopped at ALDI and Lidl. I try to make sure I never spend more than $25.00 a week on groceries (preferably $20.00), because I have found that is a sweet spot for me. This also works perfectly with my budget because my paychecks are not the best when working a low-wage, part-time job. No matter how my paycheck ends up looking, I know I can handle $25.00 in groceries.
I can go into details in further posts, but before this trip I meal planned. During the summer, I plan out my breakfast and lunch/post-workout meal and snacks. I will typiclly eat whatever dinner my Mom prepares.
As I mentioned before, I did the majority of my shopping at ALDI this week:
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Bag of Baby Carrots
- 2 Packages of Strawberries
- 1 Package of Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Package of English Muffins
- 2 Packages of Dried Cranberries
- Dried Basil
- Onion Powder
- Chicken Breast Tenderloins
After ALDI, I drove five minutes down the road to Lidl to grab some apples which were on sale…
- 3 lb bag of Gala Apples
That is everything I purchased! I did have some ground turkey in the freezer at home, which I used during this this week’s meal prep. In total I spent: $21.14!
What Did I Prep?
- Breakfast Prep: Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage on English Muffin
- I made the turkey sausage myself using ground turkey!
- Lunch Prep: Rotini Pasta Salad with Chicken, Tomato, Cucumber and Greek vinaigrette
- I sliced up the strawberries so I can have strawberries as a snack or with breakfast. I may also choose to slice up an apple for breakfast some mornings, depending on how I feel.
- I divided up the dried cranberries into tiny bowls to carry around as a “pick-me-up”.
That is what I have for you all this one! I hope you enjoyed this post, as I hope to introduce more lifestyle-related posts.